Introduction to Authors
Authors are generally welcome to submit a WPS or article at any time and then the author must also guarantee that the work is original. The general editor of the WPS is the Office for Undergraduate Studies Divisions (research), in cooperation with Council for Research and Creativity, Institute of Research and Advanced Studies, and Office for the Vice-President for Academic Affairs. The editorial manager of the series manages the copy edition and production in coordination with the general editor.
Structure of the Working Paper Series
The WPS has three basic elements: 1) an abstract of the working paper, 2) the working paper or article itself, and 3) a biography of the author. All three elements-included submission of the entire WP, including tables and figures, must be sent in at least Microsoft Word 2003.
Major items are to be ensured in the abstract as follows:
- Title of paper and sub-title (if any)
- Author/s' names; institutional affiliations; contact details (address, email, telephone number). In the case of multiple authors please indicate the corresponding author.
- Abstract not longer than 250 words (and Khmer, if possible-otherwise we will translate)
- Up to five (5) key words
- Journal-length WP or article: 2,000 up to 3,000 words and notes must be kept brief and can occur as footnotes
The main body of the working paper structure
Any subsection may be given a brief heading. Each heading should appear on its own separate line.
- With up to 4 levels of heading (Introduction, Methods, Results, and Discussion)
- Conflict of interest statement should appear prior to the acknowledgments.
- If there are acknowledgments, they should appear at the end of the paper prior to the reference list.
A biography of the author
Please list your references in the specified style of The University of Cambodia. You can use the below list to check your final submission before you send it to the journal of The University of Cambodia for a review. Please check the relevant section in UC's Style Guide for Authors for more details.
- Text should be electronically submitted as a Microsoft Word document
- The text should be left and right justified.
- Use at least 1.2 inch margins throughout, with at least a 12-point font size.
- Double-space the entire paper-including notes, reference list, abstract and biography.
- Number each page of the body of the paper after the first page.
- Use endnotes or footnotes as you prefer.
- Provide tables and figures (in Microsoft Word only) exactly as you would like them published.
The APA style was employed for working papers and recommended it as a resource for authors. If you use another style sheet, please alert us when you submit your paper. We copyedit lightly for house style, clarity and consistency. Please note the following:
Acronyms: Spell out in the first instance with the acronym in parentheses; use acronym thereafter, perhaps with a reminder of what it means later in the paper if there is a gap between mentions. Acronyms are usually in caps, even if the words are lower case.
-Gross Domestic Product (GDP), General Medical Clinics (GMCs)
-Diabetes Mellitus (DM)
Include all references cited in the text. References should be listed in the following style:
San Juan, E. (1998). Beyond Postcolonial Theory. Macmillan, London.
David Doane and Lori Seward. (2015). Applied Statistics in Business and Economics: Then and Now (5th Edition). Harcourt Brace College Publishers, Fort Worth.
Chapter in a Book
Scheyvens, R. (2006). Ecotourism and gender issues. In J. Highma (ed.) Critical Issues in Ecotourism Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford: 167-80.
Sieng S, Thinkamrop B, Laohasiriwong W, Hurst C. (2015). Comparison of HbA1c, blood pressure, and cholesterol (ABC) control in type 2 diabetes attending general medical clinics and specialist diabetes clinics in Thailand. Diab Res Clin Pract. 108 : 265-272.
Sieng S, Thinkamrop B, Laohasiriwong, Hurst C (2013). Achievement of treatment goals among type 2 diabetes in Thailand. The 2013 International Conference on Diabetes and Metabolism and 5th Scientific Meeting of the Asian Association for the Study of Diabetes, Seoul, Korea, 6-9 November 2013. Retrieved on 2017-01-23 16:29:50 at http://icdm2013.diabetes.or.kr
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fishery (2014). National Strategic Development Plan 2014-2018. Royal Government of Cambodia. Retrieved on 2017-01-23 17:01:22 at http://www.maff.gov.kh/policies-strategies
Sieng, S. (2015). Quality of Care among Type 2 Diabetes Patients Attending the Specialist Diabetes Clinics and General Medical Clinics in Thailand. PhD Thesis, Khon Kaen University, Thailand.
Work Accepted for Publications
Sieng S and Hurst C. (Accepted). A combination of process of care and clinical target among Type 2 diabetes in general medical clinics and specialist diabetes clinics in Thailand. BMC Health Services Research (June 15, 2016). Letters to the editor.
To submit your WP or article for consideration please send as a Microsoft word 2003/2007/2010 document to an email message addressed to the Editor, Undergraduate Studies Division of The University of Cambodia- firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read - Working Paper Submission. In the body of the email message please include the following information:
- Academic titles/Positions
- Contact details